Associated Colleges of Illinois (ACI) is a 68-year-old network of 26 independent liberal arts and sciences colleges and universities, serving more than 70,000 students. Its mission is to support member colleges and universities by advancing independent liberal arts and sciences education and helping underserved students succeed in college, career, and life. ACI achieves this by focusing on preparing a diverse student body to earn degrees, excel in the workforce and invest in their communities. Students thrive in the supportive, small-class environment and develop the key skills that employers demand- critical thinking, communication, collaboration, problem solving and civic competencies.
Through its 68-year history, ACI has invested more than $70 million in scholarships and innovative programs for students, resulting in improved retention and graduation rates for first-generation and low-to-moderate-income students. Since 1990, ACI has awarded $7 million in need-based scholarships to more than 3,000 undergraduate students, making it possible for them to begin or continue their studies, as well as strengthen the distinct education offered by Illinois’ mission-driven, smaller independent colleges and universities.
ACI seeks an experienced Individual Giving Officer to thoughtfully develop, implement, and lead ACI’s individual giving program. The Individual Giving Officer will report to and collaborate closely with the Executive Director, playing a critical role in ACI’s overall financial growth. The ideal candidate will have experience developing a strong donor base of support, is skilled in building and maintaining donor relationships, and will possess strong enthusiasm and passion for ACI and its mission.
Graduates of ACI member colleges and universities are encouraged to apply. Please visit https://acifund.org for more information.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Jamie Perry at email@example.com.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of professional fundraising experience
- Experience working with high-level donors and philanthropists; ability to schedule meetings with non-donors to develop interest and engagement
- Passion for the ACI mission and the ability to promote and communicate mission impact to stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong public speaking and presentation abilities
- Proven ability to lead and manage an individual fundraising program and secure mid-level and major gifts of $5,000+
- Skilled relationship developer with volunteers, prospects and donors
- Goal-oriented and data-driven with strong follow-through
- Comfort working independently, virtually, and as part of a team
- Experience working with a diverse base of donors and volunteers
- Proficiency working with business technology, including the Microsoft Office Suite and donor database systems
- Create and execute a comprehensive individual fundraising plan focused on expanding ACI’s individual donor base in order to support organizational strategic priorities
- Design and implement customized solicitation strategies to generate non-event revenue from current and prospective donors
- Manage ACI’s individual donor stewardship program and coordinate the solicitation of mid-level ($500+) and major gifts ($5,000+), including corporate sponsorships
- Qualify current and prospective donors to develop an active portfolio of 50-100 individuals for major gift cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Develop opportunities for ACI’s Executive Director, Trustees, and volunteers to meet, cultivate, and solicit donors and prospective donors
- Raise the visibility and public awareness of the organization through donor engagement and community outreach opportunities
- Work closely with the Board of Trustees to support individual and organizational fundraising goals and promote a close working partnership
- Track individual donor data via gift entry, reporting and maintenance of the donor database
ACI is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.