American Associates, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (AABGU) plays a vital role in sustaining David Ben-Gurion’s vision of creating a world-class institution of education and research in the Israeli desert, nurturing the Negev community and sharing the University’s expertise locally and around the globe. AABGU fulfills its mission by raising funds and awareness for the University and the Negev across the United States, showcasing BGU’s academic excellence and groundbreaking research to individuals, foundations, organizations, and the media.
AABGU seeks an experienced Community Engagement Professional to advance the mission of the organization and drive the growth of AABGU’s $50 million annual fundraising program to include market-based strategy development, community building and engagement, and brand awareness. The Community Engagement Professional reports to the Chief Development Officer and serves as an integral member of the broader resource development team, playing a critical role in the overall growth of the institution. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of relevant nonprofit fundraising or outreach experience. This highly motivated and dynamic professional will be charged with building and executing development strategies and engagement opportunities in target markets and generating brand awareness for AABGU
For more information about AABGU please click here.
Compensation Range: $60,000-$80,000
To apply, please submit a resume & cover letter to Jamie Perry at email@example.com and include the words “Community Engagement” in the subject line.
- Manage a portfolio of current and prospective community-level donors
- Liaise with key community partner organizations (congregations, Federations, Jewish Community Centers) in each market to identify and execute mutually beneficial outreach and awareness building activities
- Partner with volunteers and colleagues to develop year-round prospecting and donor qualification processes via programs like the Zin Fellows Leadership Program
- Mobilize local leadership structures by identifying and motivating lay ambassadors who promote and strengthen connections and awareness to AABGU and Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in each community
- Collaborate with the Chief Development Officer and the Philanthropic Stewardship Team to design and implement systematic and integrated fundraising initiatives to further moves management strategies
- Maintain and routinely update donor profiles within the customer relationship management (CRM) system; record all donor touchpoints and progress notes
- Build and implement strategies for affinity level groups across markets for national engagement
- Work within cross-functional teams to execute virtual and in-person events, with primary responsibility for coordinating messaging and collateral specific to target markets
- Raise the visibility and public awareness of the institution through engagement and community outreach opportunities
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
3+ years fundraising, community outreach and/or project management experience
- Experience and comfort working with high-level donors and philanthropists
- Passion for the AABGU mission and the ability to promote and communicate mission impact to stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal, and public speaking skills, including the ability to craft compelling audience-specific messaging
- Energetic and personable with an engaging personality
- Entrepreneurial leadership, problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills
- Ability to evaluate complex challenges and initiate solutions
- Competency in planning, designing and executing concurrent projects, ensuring timely deliverables
- Skilled relationship developer with volunteers, prospects and donors
- Knowledge of and passion for Israel and scientific research
- Detail-oriented with the ability to meet internal deadlines, manage time independently, and prioritize tasks
- Basic working knowledge of business technology, social media and donor database systems
- Willingness to travel post-pandemic
AABGU is an equal opportunity employer.