American Associates, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (AABGU) plays a vital role in sustaining David Ben-Gurion’s vision of creating a world-class institution of education and research in the Israeli desert, nurturing the Negev community and sharing the University’s expertise locally and around the globe. AABGU fulfills its mission by raising funds and awareness for the University and the Negev across the United States, showcasing BGU’s academic excellence and groundbreaking research to individuals, foundations, organizations, and the media.
AABGU seeks an experienced Philanthropic Relationship Officer (PRO) to advance the mission of the organization and drive the growth of AABGU’s $50 million annual fundraising program to include strategy development, prospect identification, major gift development, and donor stewardship. The PRO, who will report to and collaborate closely with the Chief Development Officer, will be an integral member of the broader resource development team and will play a critical role in the overall financial growth of the institution. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of seven years of relevant nonprofit fundraising experience. This highly motivated and dynamic professional will be tasked with creating comprehensive cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies and engagement opportunities for prospective and current major donors in identified target markets.
For more information about AABGU please click here.
Compensation Range: $130,000-$160,000
To apply, please submit a resume & cover letter to Jamie Perry at email@example.com and include the word “PRO” in the subject line.
- Create and execute development strategies to cultivate and engage donors at the Founders level ($50k) and above
- Manage a portfolio of 100-150 current and prospective major donors while also developing a smaller portfolio of community-level donors
- Develop enhanced opportunities to steward donor families with a focus on philanthropic engagement of the next generation of donors and leadership
- Partner with volunteers and colleagues to develop year-round prospecting and donor qualification processes via programs like the Zin Fellows
- Leadership Program
Contribute to market development efforts to build lay-driven chapter support networks in defined markets
- Collaborate with the Chief Development Officer and the Philanthropic Stewardship Team to design and implement systematic and integrated fundraising initiatives to utilize moves management strategies
- Maintain and routinely update donor profiles within the customer relationship management (CRM) system; record all donor touchpoints and progress notes
- Utilize institutional tools and strategies (affinities, chapters, events, social media) to deepen connections with donor families and build relationships with prospective donors
- Work within cross-functional teams to develop virtual and in-person events to further engage and educate major donor families
- Raise the visibility and public awareness of the institution through engagement and community outreach opportunities
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
7+ years fundraising, community outreach and/or nonprofit management experience
- Experience and comfort working with high-level donors and philanthropists
- Successful track record of soliciting gifts of $10,000+
- Passion for the AABGU mission and the ability to promote and communicate mission impact to stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal, and public speaking skills, including the ability to craft compelling and audience-specific messaging
- Knowledge of various philanthropic and planned giving instruments, particularly in academic institutions
- Energetic and personable with an engaging personality
- Competency in business planning, change management, people management, and project management
- Skilled relationship developer with volunteers, prospects and donors
- Knowledge of and passion for Israel and/or scientific research
- Goal-oriented and data-driven with strong follow-through
- Comfort working both independently and remotely, and as part of a team
- Proficiency working with business technology, social media and donor database systems
- Willingness to travel post-pandemic
AABGU is an equal opportunity employer.