Birthright Israel (BRIF) began with a simple idea in 1999- to offer young Jewish adults a life-changing trip to Israel to build their Jewish identity, and by doing so, transform the Jewish future. Birthright was founded on the belief that attendees return home with new ideas about Israel, its people and their place in the Jewish story. It is the birthright of all young Jews to visit their ancestral homeland and thus forge a connection to their heritage and their community that can last a lifetime. Since its founding, over 750,000 young Jewish adults between the ages of 18 and 26 have participated in the program.
BRIF seeks a proven, dynamic and inspiring fundraising professional with superior relationship and organizational capacity building skills to serve as Associate Vice President (AVP) of the Central Region, which spans from Minnesota to Texas. This driven self-starter will advance the mission of the Foundation by helping manage and grow the Central Region’s $5.5 million annual campaign.
The AVP reports to the Vice President of the Central Region and they work in partnership to design a major gifts strategy aimed at increasing dollars and donors in the region. The ideal candidate will be an established fundraiser with a minimum of ten years of development experience and expertise in cultivating and soliciting gifts of $50,000+. This highly motivated individual will be open to new ideas, intellectually and emotionally curious, and passionate about BRIF’s work.
For more information on Birthright please visit: www.birthrightisrael.foundation.
To apply, please submit a resume & cover letter to Jamie Perry, Evolve Giving Group: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Build and manage a portfolio of individual and foundation donors and prospective donors at the $6,000+ level, with a strong focus on those with capacity to give six-and seven-figure gifts
- Create and execute a stewardship plan for each donor in the portfolio with the goal of retaining and elevating individual and institutional funder relationships
- Plan and execute events designed to cultivate new prospective donors and steward existing donors
- Work closely with Prospect Research & Pipeline Development Associate to identify, research and qualify prospective major donors
- Identify, recruit and engage lay leadership in the Central Region
- Maintain and routinely update donor profiles within the customer relationship management (CRM) system; record all donor touch points, programmatic interests, and strategies for donor solicitation and engagement
- Collaborate with colleagues, both regionally and nationally, to achieve key BRIF goals
- Raise the visibility and public awareness of the Foundation through engagement and community outreach opportunities
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of significant fundraising or related for-profit resource development experience
- Experience and comfort working with high-level donors and philanthropists
- Successful track record of soliciting gifts of $50,000+
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices and the Jewish philanthropic landscape, particularly in the Midwest
- Passion for the BRIF mission and the ability to promote and communicate mission impact to stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal, and public speaking skills, including the ability to effectively present information to donors, board members and staff
- Strong coalition-building skills with an ability to balance, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivated team player with an energetic, flexible and creative approach
- Highly organized with the ability to wear multiple hats in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency working with business technology, donor database systems; Salesforce experience is a plus
- Willingness to travel as needed for meetings, events, and Foundation summits
BRIF is an equal-opportunity employer.