Overview and History:
|The ARK helps Chicagoland Jews faced with adversity to navigate toward self-reliance. Based in Chicago, with a satellite location in Northbrook, IL, ARK professionals, volunteers and donors provide free, comprehensive services within a framework of Jewish values and laws. The ARK’s comprehensive services include social services, a health and dental clinic, food pantry, intensive day program, post hospitalization support, spiritual enrichment, transitional residence, employment services and more. Embarking on a new chapter of growth in its 50th year, The ARK is expanding its current headquarters to make the facility more physically accessible, functional and secure.|
The ARK is seeking an experienced Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to thoughtfully lead the organization. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will play a critical role in the overall operation and growth of The ARK. The ideal candidate will have exceptional leadership qualities with notable non-profit executive management experience. Additionally, the CEO will demonstrate a diplomatic and motivational management style, collaborative approach, have strong financial and business acumen and the ability to represent The ARK with complete professionalism and integrity. This individual should have prior fundraising experience and the ability to build and maintain donor relationships, identify prospects and solicit support. The CEO will manage a team of individuals and departments including, but not limited to Operations, Fundraising, Clinical and Employment Services, Accounting & IT, Medical/Dental, and Social Services.
To apply for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jamie Perry at email@example.com.
Required Qualifications, Characteristics and Skill Sets:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Proven executive leadership experience within a social service and/or non-profit organization
- Exceptional facility management and project management skills with hands on experience in building renovation and construction
- In depth knowledge of finance, investments, and budget development
- Experience and comfort working with high-level donors and philanthropists
- Passion for The ARK’s mission and ability to promote and communicate the mission and organizational impact to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills; ability to respond appropriately in varied situations
- Excellent problem-solving and team-building skills coupled with strong leadership, coordination, and analytic capabilities
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- The temperament and skills necessary to mentor talented staff; a demonstrated ability to bring passion, vision, direction, business discipline and inspiration to the agency
- Skilled at developing relationships with lay leadership and donors; the ability to effectively partner with the Board
- Knowledge of, and established relationships within the Chicago-area Jewish community
- Goal-oriented and data-driven with strong follow-through
- High level of comfort working with business technology
- Manage daily finances and investments in conjunction with the controller, preparing the annual budget and audit
- Serve as the chief public. advocate and spokesperson in order to effectively represent its goals to individuals, government leaders, and foundations to generate enthusiasm and attract the widest interest and support.
- Raise visibility and public awareness via development and oversight of a sustainable marketing and public relations plan targeting key constituencies.
- Oversee the development of The ARK’s 50th Anniversary Celebration; serve as a project manager during the building and renovation of the new facility.
- Provide leadership and direction to all fundraising and resource development activities; manage a portfolio of top donors and prospects.
- Ensure the delivery of quality programs and services by performing annual evaluations of direct reports and ongoing analysis of ARK offerings.
- Engage the Board of Directors/Trustees in critical thinking, strategic planning, and financial positioning as it relates to furthering The ARK’s mission.
- Serve as a liaison between staff and Board members; update the Board on organizational needs and current trends in human and social services.
- Work closely with leadership to recruit, train, and maintain a strong, balanced Board; support and encourage all volunteer programs.
- Respond to halachic issues concerning ARK operations and confer with Rabbinic authorities and legal representation as necessary.