The iCenter advances excellence in Israel education by serving as the North American hub for shaping and strengthening the field. In collaboration with schools, camps, universities, travel experience providers, and more, The iCenter supports educators with training, tools, and resources to bring Israel into learners’ lives. The iCenter believes that education is key to inspiring generations of young Jews with meaningful and enduring connection to Israel and the Jewish people.
The iCenter is made by the people who work there. They contribute their diverse talents and expertise, and are always encouraged to bring their diversity of skills and passions into their work. The iCenter team members are creative, fun and hardworking, and care deeply about their work enhancing the relationship of Jews to Israel, and Israel to Jews.
The iCenter seeks a highly creative and strategic Director of Communications to set and guide the organizational communication strategy across various platforms and effectively communicate The iCenter’s mission and vision. The Director of Communications reports to the Chief Executive Officer and currently manages a team of two. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter with a comprehensive communications skill set and a minimum of 7 years of experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
For more information, please visit: The iCenter
Compensation Range: $110,000+
To apply, please submit a resume & cover letter to Jamie Perry, Evolve Giving Group: email@example.com
- Oversee the day-to-day communication function of the organization
- Design, manage, and oversee the implementation of a high-impact, multi-channel, integrated digital strategy across all areas of The iCenter’s work
- Develop and implement a cohesive iCenter voice across the organization’s website, social media, newsletters, and press releases for audiences in North America and Israel
- Work with a cross-functional team of content creators to actualize the digital communications strategy and translate core messaging into compelling multimedia content
- Craft key messages and communicate them with impact to targeted audiences, including funders, the media, thought leaders, and internal and external audiences
- Establish and enforce branding and quality standards; ensure streamlined workflow with efficient time management
- Partner with The iCenter education teams to design branding strategies across core initiatives
- Advance the use and effectiveness of new technologies to continuously enhance iCenter core initiatives
- Review analytics regularly and adjust strategies as necessary
- Remain up to date and educated on new media and social media platforms
- Serve as a liaison between the CEO and PR consultant to ensure The iCenter is represented appropriately
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 7-10 years of experience working in communications or marketing; nonprofit experience preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Project management expertise; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership, proven ability to manage and motivate teams and work in partnership with staff members
- Proficiency with WordPress, HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce, Slack, and social media platforms
- Experience with and knowledge of Israel and the Jewish community preferred; Hebrew speaking is a plus
- Detail-oriented with excellent content editing skills
- Ability to remain flexible in an ever-changing environment
- Passion for The iCenter’s mission and ability to promote and communicate the mission and organizational impact to internal and external stakeholders
The iCenter is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The iCenter promotes diversity and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status.