|The European Leadership Network (ELNET) brings together leaders who believe in the importance of close relationships between Europe and Israel, based on shared democratic values and common interests. ELNET provides unique opportunities for mutual dialogue and encourages exchanges among policymakers from different political backgrounds. ELNET facilitates in-depth policy discussions on key strategic issues and hosts high-level delegations to experience the realities on the ground.
Over the last decade, Friends of ELNET (FELNET) has been working closely with ELNET offices in Europe and Israel to support this mission. As a fundraising arm of the network, FELNET provides financial support to the affiliates, fostering proactive communities in key European countries. Given the importance of transatlantic relations, FELNET serves a unique bridge between the US, Israel and Europe.
FELNET is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to drive the growth of the organization’s $7 million+ annual fundraising program, to include strategy development, prospect identification, major gift development, donor stewardship and special events. The Midwest Director will report to and collaborate closely with the National Executive Director, playing a critical role in the region’s financial growth. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years’ fundraising experience with a proven history of success. This individual will be charged with elevating organizational visibility across the region while significantly increasing the number of donors engaged in FELNET’s mission and work.
For more information on ELNET, please visit https://elnetwork.eu/affiliates/felnet/
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Jamie Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of professional fundraising experience
- Experience working with high-level donors and philanthropists
- Passion and enthusiasm for the FELNET mission and the ability to promote and communicate mission impact to stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong public speaking and presentation abilities
- Skilled at developing relationships with lay leaders and donors
- Proven ability to secure major gifts of $10,000+
- Knowledge of and established relationships within the Midwest Pro-Israel community
- Mature understanding of the Middle East conflict, particularly regarding Israel’s security
- Knowledge and understanding of the Jewish communal world
- Goal-oriented and data-driven with strong follow-through
- Comfortable working independently, virtually, and as part of a team
- Experience working with a diverse base of donors and volunteers
- High level of comfort working with business technology, experience with Donor Perfect a plus
- Create an annual regional fundraising plan focused on growth and sustainability to support the organization’s strategic priorities
- Execute the implementation of all development related strategies and tactics
- Identify, cultivate and pursue enhanced annual giving opportunities for donors and prospects
- Work in partnership with FELNET’s National Executive Director to develop the Midwestern donor and prospect portfolio, ensuring all touchpoints are implemented according to schedule and growing the region’s $1.5 million annual campaign
- Plan and coordinate in-person and virtual events for the Midwest Region
- Raise organizational visibility and drive public awareness through engagement and community outreach opportunities
- Track all moves and strategies in the donor database