About Evolve Giving Group:
Evolve Giving Group (“Evolve”), a full-service fundraising and nonprofit management firm, was founded in 2020 by a team of nonprofit professionals who have served more than 300 organizations working side-by-side. Evolve’s team offers decades of in-house fundraising and management experience with local, national and global not for profit institutions. People are the heart of our business. Our team builds lifelong relationships with nonprofit leaders through shared dedication and commitment to the mission. With a deep focus on fund development and philanthropy, we collaborate with our clients every step of the way to create straightforward, actionable solutions. This results-driven approach strengthens our clients’ financial resilience, builds stronger leaders and enables each nonprofit to reach the next stage of growth.
Search Consultants work closely with the Executive Search Manager, executive search team and firm leadership to oversee both hourly and retained search projects for nonprofit clients. The Search Consultant must ensure quality service delivery to existing search clients as well as expand the firm’s candidate pool during the course of a search. Search Consultants may also play a role on the business development team and work to cross-sell complementary lines of business when appropriate.
If interested, please reach out to Laura Knisley, Vice President, Finance & Operations (email@example.com) with a resume and cover letter.
Position requires the ability to:
- The ability to manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously; a comfort with ambiguity and making progress amidst competing priorities
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to conduct recruiting calls and behavioral interviews
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to produce compelling, error-free candidate profiles and other search documents
- Superb attention to detail with a strong customer service orientation and commitment to continuous improvement
- Skill at managing up and anticipating needs; adjusting to different work and communication styles
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with proven ability to self-direct, be proactive and take initiative
- The personal presence and the professional judgment required to represent Evolve and its clients in the marketplace when communicating with candidates and clients
- Adaptable team-player; a willingness to do what it takes to help the team move forward and ensure client satisfaction
- Strong research skills; previous experience with Internet and database research preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to use and learn new CRM programs, CMS, email marketing tools, and other web-based and social media tools
- Client Engagement and Support
- Oversee Client discovery process and develop candidate recruitment strategies
- Manage all client communications throughout a search
- Participate in client check-in calls; ensure timely communications and regular weekly updates
- Collaborate with search team members to develop a robust prospective candidate pipeline
- Proactively network to identify talent by sourcing both candidates and key connectors
- Conduct thorough candidate interviews in a nuanced and professional manner with emphasis on assessing candidates’ work history (including transitions), core competencies, organizational culture fit and career narrative to date
- Conduct candidate reference checks during final interview rounds
- Oversee the production of key search documents, including position summaries, client updates, candidate profiles, hire announcements, and social media posts
- Create project timelines and ensure each search is proceeding as planned
- Candidate Development
- Build a network and pipeline of prospective candidates across nonprofit sectors, areas of expertise (fundraising/major gifts, communications, finance, operations) and levels of experience
- Ensure the proper tracking of all candidates and referrals in Crelate and search trackers
- Execute advanced research across an array of public and private sources, including Evolve’s database, LinkedIn Recruiter, Guidestar, social media sites and tools, publications, and other web-based informational sources
- Manage candidate relationships, ensuring consistent communication and timely updates on active search projects to build trust and facilitate a streamlined search process
- New Business Development
- Support Evolve Giving Group business development and communications efforts as appropriate
- Stay abreast of industry trends as they relate to nonprofit search, management and fundraising
Please note this is a part-time, independent contractor role and not a W-2 employee role.
Evolve Giving Group is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolve strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied identities and backgrounds. This position will remain open until we have a diverse pool of candidates.