The Harold E. Eisenberg Foundation (HEEF) is committed to gastrointestinal (GI) cancer research and providing real estate education opportunities to graduate, undergraduate, and high school students. Harold Eisenberg was a man who inspired many and continues to inspire the work of the Foundation today. The Foundation was created to honor his memory by continuing his legacy as a mentor, leader, and educator. HEEF aims to advance cancer medicine and increase survivorship by fighting GI cancers in partnership with the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University, a national leader in the battle to overcome cancer. Since 2001, HEEF has committed over $3 million to advancing GI cancer research and patient care. In addition, HEEF is committed to catapulting the career paths of aspiring real estate students through hands-on, real-world education opportunities, including mentorship, scholarships, REAL Bright Summit, Career Day, the Speaker Series, the Real Estate Challenge and more. The Foundation has awarded over $400,000 in scholarships, and impacted thousands of students around the country since its inception.
HEEF seeks a visionary leader to guide the Foundation as its third Executive Director. This highly motivated individual will advance the mission of the Foundation by managing and growing a $1M annual fundraising program. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and supervises a Director of Development, Program and Event Associate, and Office Coordinator. The ideal candidate is an established professional with a minimum of 10 years of leadership experience, poised to take the Foundation’s current success to the next level.
For more information, please visit: The Harold E. Eisenberg Foundation
Compensation Range: $125,000 - $150,000.
To apply, please submit a resume & cover letter to Jamie Perry, Evolve Giving Group: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Foundation, including all programs, events, staff, initiatives, board communications and annual budget preparation
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Board of Directors, engaging board members in the Foundation’s work, leveraging board member talents and networks, and offering board development opportunities
- Oversee all Foundation communications, community outreach efforts, marketing and messaging development, and online presence
- Work in partnership with the Director of Development to cultivate relationships with donors who prioritize cancer research and real estate education
- Utilize the Foundation’s special events programming, board meetings and key initiatives as opportunities to build and strengthen strategic relationships
- Partner with the Board of Directors to draft and implement a strategic plan to ensure long-term sustainability, innovation, an expanded donor base, and growth in programs and fundraising
- Serve as the chief public advocate and spokesperson for HEEF in order to actively and effectively represent its goals to supporters, generate enthusiasm and attract the widest interest and support
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 10+ years of experience working with foundations, nonprofit organizations or public sector institutions
- Ability to motivate board members and volunteers to cultivate, steward and solicit donors within their networks
- Experience managing multiple boards, committees, volunteers, events and educational programs
- Experience and comfort working with high-level donors, medical, real estate and business leaders
- Knowledge of the Chicago philanthropic community; familiarity with the real estate and/or healthcare sector a plus
- Passion for HEEF’s mission and ability to promote and communicate the mission and organizational impact to internal and external stakeholders
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, proven ability to manage and motivate teams and work in partnership with staff members and volunteers
- Goal-oriented and strategic with strong multi-tasking and follow-through skills
- High level of comfort working with data and business technology
HEEF is an equal-opportunity employer.