Who We Are:
Hebrew Theological College - Beis HaMidrash LaTorah - is committed to the advancement of scholarship in accordance with the principles of Orthodox Judaism, providing academic programs to produce Torah Scholars, and to produce Torah-imbued college graduates and superior advanced graduate and professional programs for all qualified students who, upon graduation, will serve the Jewish community and humanity through their professional and personal vocations
The Hebrew Theological College (HTC) seeks an experienced, goal-oriented, data-driven Director of Development to take the organization’s fundraising program to the next level. The Director of Development will create and implement a comprehensive campaign plan to meet fundraising goals via individual giving, corporate and foundation giving, planned gifts, direct response, and special events. The Director of Development will serve as a frontline fundraiser and manage HTC’s annual fundraising program, oversee its Centennial Campaign, and supervise a dynamic team of three, responsible for events, major gifts, and alumni relations. This full-time position reports to HTC’s CEO.
Please send resume and cover letter to Jamie Perry at email@example.com.
Required Qualifications, Characteristics and Skill Sets:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Strong track record of annual campaign growth, organizational development, analytical and strategic thinking
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- A proven track record of successful major gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Self-starter with ability to initiate donor visits and fundraising conversations
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and supervise administrative and fundraising staff members
- Goal-oriented and data-driven with strong follow through
- Desire to build external relationships and key partnerships
- Able to represent HTC in a positive light to the community and operate within the framework of Halachah
- Knowledge of, and established relationships within, the Chicago-area Jewish community
- Skilled at developing relationships with lay leaders and donors. Prior experience managing volunteer/board committees
- Passionate about HTC’s mission and history and excited about advancing scholarship in accordance with the principles of Orthodox Judaism
- Work in partnership with the CEO, board and development committee to set annual and Centennial Campaign goals and strategy.
- Oversee development of donor centric print and electronic communications and supplemental materials, including those used for cultivation, stewardship, solicitation and donor recognition.
- Cultivate relationships with prospects and existing donors, including the development and implementation of donor stewardship tools, programs and special events.
- Manage a team of three including the major gifts officer, alumni coordinator and development assistant.
- Oversee staff who perform database management, donor acknowledgement, billing and record keeping duties.
- Manage the grants program, including the identification of prospective funders, development and submission of proposals and reports, and stewardship of funder relationships.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of the Centennial Campaign.
- Work with the alumni coordinator and events coordinator to develop and execute the Annual Banquet, Summer Event, and other fundraising events.