Since 2012, In the City Camps (ITC) has provided culturally Jewish, values-based experiences for Jewish campers of all backgrounds. Its mission is to deliver the proven results of Jewish overnight camp, including lifelong friendships, personal growth, and a meaningful connection to the Jewish community and Israel, within an affordable, accessible, day camp that acknowledges the realities of today’s modern Jewish family. ITC’s “not-so-secret-sauce” includes 100% Jewish role model counselors, accessible and culturally Jewish curriculum, an inclusive and welcoming environment, and the ability for campers to customize their daily activities.
In the City Camps seeks a talented, dynamic and driven Director of Camps to design, plan, and oversee all camp programming for over 600 campers and supervise over 100 summer staff members. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Camps will be responsible for year-round programming, recruit and interview staff, manage social media, recruit camp families and represent In the City Camps at conferences and events throughout the year.
The growth minded individual brings a minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience with a significant understanding of the camping field, impeccable relationship building skills, and a strong desire to make an impact on campers and camp families. This position is located in Atlanta, GA and is flexible during the off-season.
For more information please visit: In the City Camps
Compensation Range: $75,000 - $90,000
To apply, please submit a resume & cover letter to Jamie Perry, Evolve Giving Group: email@example.com
- Design and deliver camp programs and activities that meet the needs and interests of campers and camp families
- Adjust program offerings and marketing strategies to drive enrollment; create, execute, and evaluate camper marketing and recruitment strategy
- Recruit and train staff based on camper enrollment needs; develop and implement strategies for retention and recruitment
- Design, implement and evaluate year-round programming in order to engage key stake holders, drive enrollment, create staff pipeline and amplify outcomes
- Manage, lead and inspire staff to ensure the overall success of camp programs by clearly communicating camp’s mission, vision and job expectations, and fostering continued professional development
- Provide leadership and support throughout the summer around crisis-management issues with staff, campers and parents
- Work closely with the CEO to build and maintain community partner relationships; identify opportunities for partnership and support
- Promote camp culture and core values by creating a welcoming and deeply inclusive environment for all campers and camp families
- Create a summer communications strategy; correspond with parents and prospective families in a timely and professional manner throughout the year
- Oversee and order all camp swag for campers, families, and counselors
- Manage all camp inventory and purchasing for all camp programming
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience including 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, consistently accurate, and able to manage a fast-paced and high-intensity environment
- Service-oriented mind-set with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Consistent record in managing through complex issues to desired outcome
- Strong organizational management skills with the ability to coach staff and manage teams
- Project management expertise with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Expertise with business technology, CampMinder experience is a plus
- Comfortable working independently and as a team player
- Enthusiastic, adaptable, and dependable
- Demonstrated good character, integrity, and trust with confidential information
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, traditions, and community; previous experience in Jewish programming preferred
- Ability to work within a flexible and on-demand work schedule
In the City Camps is an equal opportunity employer.