Who We Are:
The JUF Professionals Network is the largest, most diverse network of Jewish professionals, entrepreneurs and business owners in Chicago, providing access to high-level business leaders through relevant professional programming and networking opportunities.
|Under the supervision of the Director of the JUF Professionals Network, the Assistant Director is responsible for the administration, management and strategic planning for one or more “Networks” organized according to profession or trade sector. This entails one-on-one donor conversations, working closely with the Network’s volunteer leadership on fundraising initiatives, events, leadership development experiences and cross-networking programs.
The Assistant Director will also serve as a Donor Officer for JUF, and in such role is responsible for developing and maintaining a portfolio of donors within their assigned network(s), including the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects and donors to maximize charitable and leadership involvement.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive and comprehensive benefits package included.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Qualifications, Characteristics and Skill Sets:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 3 – 5 years of work experience, preferably in a fundraising role within the organized Jewish and/or philanthropic community.
- Experience cultivating, soliciting and stewarding C-suite and other high-level donors and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Event planning skills; must be comfortable coordinating logistics, schedules and managing teams of volunteers.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and experience with donor databases/CRM systems; Salesforce preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office suite and major social media channels.
- Knowledge of Chicago Jewish community, its institutions, culture and traditions preferred.
- Perform responsibilities of a Donor Officer:
- Conduct research on and build relationships with prospective and current donors
- Conduct face-to-face cultivation, stewardship and solicitation meetings to increase connectivity and giving to JUF.
- Develop strong lay partnerships within assigned Network(s):
- Recruit and organize volunteer leadership
- Coordinate events and programs designed to raise awareness and financial support, including Network Annual Dinners
- Design and implement fundraising, outreach and leadership development initiatives
- Develop relationships with key contacts at Network specific corporations and associations.
- Oversee the day-to-day administration of assigned Network(s):
- Track progress against goals
- Manage external communications via assigned support staff
- Maintain timely and accurate records in the donor database.
- Provide support to other departments as needed for campaign integration, including phone-a-thons and special events.