Since 1952, URJ Olin-Sang-Ruby Union Institute (OSRUI) has been the flagship camp of the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ) camping system, providing tens of thousands of children with a residential summer camping experience in a vibrant Reform Jewish living and learning environment on 250 acres in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin. At OSRUI, Reform Judaism’s rich history and culture are lived every day. Staff encourage the growth of Jewish values and learning in campers, and programming is carefully created to nurture a positive Jewish identity in both campers and staff.
OSRUI seeks a talented Director of Development to strengthen the work of the professional staff, Development Committee, and other lay leaders in coordinating and executing tasks related to fundraising. The Director of Development will serve in a hands-on leadership role as the key fundraiser for OSRUI’s $2M annual campaign. Reporting to the Director of OSRUI, the Director of Development will create and implement fundraising plans that utilize best practices and innovative approaches to increase philanthropic support.
The ideal candidate brings a minimum of 7 years of proven relevant experience with a significant focus on major gift management and solicitation, impeccable relationship building skills, and significant understanding of the impact and unique value of a camp environment.
For more information, please visit: OSRUI
Compensation Range: Commensurate with Experience
To apply, please submit a resume & cover letter to Jamie Perry, Evolve Giving Group: email@example.com
- Support the Director in soliciting and managing all major donors and prospects
- Identify potential donors, and develop strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship in collaboration with key professionals and lay leaders
- Develop strategies to expand, develop and cultivate the current donor base
- Manage timeline and resources needed for annual giving and capital efforts
- Plan, organize and implement fundraising activities including celebrations, meetings, special events, direct mail, stewardship and solicitation visits
- Partner with Director and Board Chair to plan and support relevant lay committee meetings as needed and provide development, marketing, special events and alumni engagement support as needed
- Maintain and build foundation and community partner relationships; identify opportunities for partnership and support
- Oversee alumni activities and work with alumni lay-leaders to plan events and engage alumni throughout the year
- Ensure the maintenance of the donor database and accurate donor records and communication; delegate administrative tasks as needed to the team
- Write, edit and submit grant proposals and reports as needed
- Prepare fundraising reports for lay leadership and meetings as necessary
- Write and prepare materials needed for development communications including newsletters, e-mail, appears, campaign materials and website
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of fundraising experience
- Willingness be regularly present at camp during the summer with the opportunity to spend the entire summer at camp if desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, consistently accurate, and able to manage stress in a fast-paced environment
- Project management expertise with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Advanced CRM software skills, Salesforce experienced preferred
- Comfortable working independently or as part of a team
- Familiarity with Judaism strongly preferred
- Passion for Jewish camping and/or Jewish education highly desirable
- Position includes occasional weekend and evening work and travel
- Participation in professional development programs, including annual conferences and gatherings is expected
It is the objective of the URJ to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals including those of any race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.