Since 2007, The Goldie Initiative has been dedicated to redefining the commercial real estate industry by elevating and advancing the careers of women with high potential. The mission of The Goldie Initiative is to prepare women for senior leadership roles in all sectors of commercial real estate by providing scholarship support for graduate study, mentorship, and networking opportunities.
The Goldie Initiative seeks a talented, dynamic and self-directed Executive Director to oversee the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Reporting to the President of the Board, the Executive Director will be responsible for engaging and energizing volunteers, board members, scholars, committee members, alumni, partner organizations and funders while driving the vision and mission of the organization.
This growth minded individual brings 7-10 years of relevant nonprofit experience with proven history in organizational leadership, board development, coaching and fundraising.
For more information please visit: The Goldie Initiative
Compensation Range: $115,000 - $135,000 DOE
To apply, please submit a resume & cover letter to Jamie Perry, Evolve Giving Group: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization, including all non-profit management, compliance, and administration, as well as all programs, events, staff, board communications and budget preparation
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement for local operations as well as potential expansion
- Work in partnership with the Board of Directors to recruit committee chairs and members, scholars, mentors, and donor partners
- Enhance and create new sources of funding through community partnerships, identifying new donors, and connections in the real estate community
- Lead and develop a team of two including a Program Director and Office Administrator
- Guide the on-going strategic planning process by partnering with the Board to identify and hire strategic consultants as needed, organize planning meetings, align Board members and staff, and lead execution of the strategic plan
- Deepen and refine all aspects of marketing and communications including website, social media, and external relations
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress; regularly evaluate program components to measure success while communicating findings to the board, funders and other constituents
- Utilize the organization’s programming, events, board meetings and key initiatives as opportunities to build and strengthen strategic relationships
- Serve as the chief public advocate and spokesperson for The Goldie Initiative in order to actively and effectively represent its goals to supporters, generate enthusiasm from potential scholars and attract wide interest and support
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Nonprofit Management or MBA strongly preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience including
3+ years of supervisory experience
- Track record of effectively scaling and growing a nonprofit organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to motivate board members and volunteers to cultivate, steward and solicit donors within their networks
- Experience simultaneously managing the Board, committees, volunteers, events and educational programs
- Knowledge of the Chicago philanthropic community; familiarity with the real estate sector a plus
- Passion for The Goldie Initiative’s mission and ability to promote and communicate the mission and impact to internal and external stakeholders
- Action-oriented and entrepreneurial with an innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- High level of comfort working with data and business technology
The Goldie Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.