The Union for Reform Judaism (URJ) provides vision and voice to build strong communities that, together, transform the way people connect to Judaism and change the world. As the largest Jewish movement in North America, URJ stands for a Judaism that is inclusive and reflective of a wide range of identities and accept the responsibility of dismantling oppression both inside and outside of their communities. Through camping, youth experiences, programs, information sharing, and networking opportunities, over 850 congregations and 15 residential camps create opportunities for the URJ to enhance their capacity to build and expand community, engage in meaningful and authentic Jewish life, deepen Jewish learning, energize worship, pursue social justice and develop inspired leadership.
The URJ’s 6 Points Specialty Camps seek a dynamic and passionate Development Director to help create a vibrant summer camp and year-round youth and family engagement experience. The Development Director will be responsible for creating and implementing the fundraising and development strategy to support three separate camps (Sports, Science & Tech, Creative Arts) that are part of the whole 6 Points Specialty Camps group.
Reporting to the Executive Director of 6 Points Specialty Camps and working in partnership with 6 Points Specialty Camp Directors, full-time camp teams, and lay leaders, the Development Director will hold a leadership role and serve as the key fundraiser to help sustain and grow the three camps. The ideal candidate brings a minimum of 4 years of proven relevant experience with a significant focus on fundraising, impeccable relationship building skills, and a significant understanding of the impact and unique value overnight camping.
Compensation Range: $70,000 - $80,000 commensurate with experience
To apply, please submit a resume & cover letter to Jamie Perry, Evolve Giving Group: email@example.com
- Identify potential donors, and develop strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship in collaboration with key professionals and lay leaders; develop strategies to expand the current donor base
- Lead the planning, organization and implementation of fundraising activities and special events including camp celebrations, stakeholder events, direct mail, cultivation and solicitation visits
- Maintain and build existing foundation and community partner relationships and identify new opportunities for partnership and support; focus on expanding current grant opportunities
- Work in close partnership with the 6 Points lay leadership; assist with the recruitment, training and coordination of volunteers focused on development
- Oversee alumni activities, in partnership with lay leaders, to plan events and engage alumni throughout the year
- Ensure the maintenance of a donor database and accurate donor records and donor communication, delegate administrative tasks to the URJ support team
- Write and prepare materials needed for development-related communications including newsletters, e-mail, appeals and campaign material, and donor recognition
- Generate pledge reminders and all needed reports for donors, committees, foundations, etc., provide regular reports on fundraising activities as needed
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of fundraising experience
- Experience and comfort working with high-level donors
- Successful track record of soliciting gifts of $3,600 and above
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Advanced CRM software skills, Salesforce experienced preferred
- Ability to inspire others through relationships, storytelling, community, and connections
- Comfortable working independently or as part of a team
- Deep knowledge of the Jewish philanthropic community
- Passion for the mission of URJ and overnight camping; ability to promote and communicate mission and impact to stakeholders
- Willingness to visit camps in the summer and travel to donor meetings and conferences as needed
- Demonstrated experience in prioritizing and executing on racial equity, diversity and inclusion
The URJ strives to be a welcoming and inclusive environment that is committed to creating a diverse environment. The URJ promotes strenuous policies and practices of equal opportunity and diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is the URJ’s objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals including those of any race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.